POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : rest stop information center lighting WIP [~36K jpg] : Re: rest stop information center lighting WIP [~36K jpg] Server Time
10 Aug 2024 15:14:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: rest stop information center lighting WIP [~36K jpg]
From: Jim Charter
Date: 25 Jul 2004 21:10:21
Message: <410459fd$1@news.povray.org>
Hughes, B. wrote:

> Well, if I add some of the surroundings it'd be more than I ever set out to
> do. Heh-heh. Original intent was just what you describe here, to try and
> capture that effect I was seeing when I had stopped in there during the
> night or after sunset. I know if I were to add the parking lot it'll destroy
> the quality of it and expose it for what it really is. Again: heh-heh.
> :-)
> Bob H.

One can't help but think of early Ruscha but his later stuff might also
jazz you.  I heard him interviewed on the radio.  Pretty fascinating
guy.  Has very approachable ideas about art.

http://www.dartmouth.edu/~hood/collections/modern/Ruscha.html

http://www.walkerart.org/programs/vaexhibruscha.html
http://hirshhorn.si.edu/collection/indepth_artist.asp?ID=28